Protect your company before disasters strike with ActiveImage Protector Server
Be DisasterReady! ActiveImage Protector Server Edition's affordable, high performance image-based backup and recovery solution is designed to meet the needs of today’s businesses. Stay competitive even when faced with possible disaster thanks to our 2 minute instant availability features!
- Reduce downtime even further: Boot your Windows Server as a VM in only 2 minutes and at a fraction of the cost of other high-availability solutions currently on the market! Use our Architecture Intelligent Restore (A.I.R.) technology to restore your entire server in minutes to the same, similar or different hardware and virtual environments.
- Limit data loss: Create automated recurring backups every 5 minutes, with no impact on server performance.
- Flexible on-site and off-site storage: Store backups on your network or locally attached storage and use ImageCenter free module to replicate them on-site, off-site or in the Cloud.
- Control your storage requirements: Our Inline Data Deduplication and Compression (IDDC) feature creates smaller backups that require less storage without impacting backup or restore times, saving you both time and money.
- Ensure compliance with European Data Protection laws.
Use ActiveImage Protector Server 2016 in combination with our vStandby AIP add-on to automatically create a standby replica of your machine on a VMware ESXi host. This standby VM can be booted at any time for instant onsite or offsite disaster recovery.
Our new UI offers easy creation and management of your backup Tasks, Logs and Schedules, plus enhanced and automated backup, restore and P2V conversion Wizards as well as image verification and unification.
Reduce downtime! Recovery Time Objective (RTO): 2 minutes
Includes ImageBoot offering instant availability for your Windows Server by booting a temporary replacement virtual machine directly from your ActiveImage Protector backup image file in only a couple of minutes, even when dealing with terabytes of data!
Recovery Point Objective (RPO):
every 5 minutes
Incremental backups are made every 5 minutes that include only changed sectors. Minimise data loss with regular backups and smaller backup files.
Flexible high-speed recovery
Recover files and folders in seconds or restore an entire server from scratch in minutes instead of days.
Unparalleled inline deduplication
Offsite replication and image management
Use ImageCenter LE for scheduled offsite replication and consolidation of your base and incremental ActiveImage Protector backup image files. Replicate offsite using FTP, sFTP or WebDAV and to Amazon S3 or any private, public or hybrid cloud. You can further reduce resource demands on your productive server by installing ImageCenter LE on an alternate machine.
- Fast backup with Smart Sector Technology
Speeds up backup performance by backing up only used sectors which in turn utilises less disk space.
- Exact Point-In-Time multi-volume snapshots
Supports Microsoft VolSnap & VSS aware applications.
You won’t notice when a backup is being made, even with deduplication running!
- Secure encrypted image files
Password protect and encrypt disk images with AES 256 bit encryption.
- Push install
Install and monitor all your networked servers from a central UI.
- Flexible Multi-Scheduling Feature
Create multiple schedules in a single backup task. For example, you can create a new full back-up each month for an ongoing weekly schedule backup job.
- Network Bandwidth Usage Throttling
When backing up to a network share, use the network bandwidth throttling feature to adjust the overall impact a backup job has on network bandwidth.
- Automatic E-Mail Notification
Set email notifications to be sent (using SSL/TSL) in the event of backup completion and backup failure or when ActiveImage Protector encounters an error or a restart.
Restore & Migration features
- Instant Availability using ImageBoot for instant failover
Boot your backup as a fully functional virtual machine in only a few minutes in VMware WorkStation, Player / Player Pro or Microsoft Hyper-V. ImageBoot serves as an interim replacement server to bridge the gap between disaster and recovery.
- Granular file and folder recovery
- Fast Bare-Metal recovery
Dramatically speeds up disaster recovery
- 1 click virtualisation
Convert a physical disk to a Hyper-V VHD or VMware VMDK virtual disk with 1 click of your mouse.
- Improved system recovery for GPT/EFI in bare metal environments
- Restore to different hardware or hypervisor
Restore P2P, P2V, V2V and V2P using the Architecture Intelligent Restore (A.I.R.) feature.
- Shrink on the fly
Restore to a smaller partition.
- Create test environments
Create test machines based on productive servers with our 1 click virtualisation feature.
- Includes a Linux based Recovery Environment (AIPBE)
Perform disaster recovery and create cold backups using the recovery environment. Our Linux-based recovery environment can be used as an ISO file, on optical media or as a USB drive.
- Boot ActiveImage Protector’s recovery environment directly from your hard drive
With the Pre-Boot Recovery Environment, no need of an external device or optical drive.
- Includes a WinPE-based boot environment builder
Requires Windows ADK and AIK to be installed
- Restore multiple source images to multiple target disks in a single operation
Select and restore a system volume by dragging the volume image to the target disk. Then, select an incremental data volume image from a different date or backup source for complete recovery.
- Command line execution
Most of ActiveImage Protector’s features can be launched through the command line.
- Support for the latest OSes and uEFI
Supports backup and recovery of GPT disks in a uEFI boot environment.
- Virtual environment support
Migrate and restore both virtual and physical machines V2P (virtual to physical), V2V (virtual to virtual) and P2V (physical to virtual).
- Direct P2V conversion to VMware ESXi
Eliminate the need to create and upload a VMDK to your ESXi host by converting your hard disk as a VMDK and upload it directly to your ESXi host.
- Notify Update
On-line Update features Automatically check for updates over network and install the latest updates.